Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: "Gifted" an app for a friend. He can't use it. How do I get a refund?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-30-2011, 08:37 AM

Freshman Lounger

"Gifted" an app for a friend. He can't use it. How do I get a refund?

Hello all! I purchased the new Batman Arkham City app for a buddy of mine. The issue is, I am in the US and have a US account. He is in Canada and does NOT have a US account, and for some reason, even though they are the exact same devices (iPad) running the same software, he cannot use the App.

Ideally, I'd like for him to have a version he CAN use, but if he cannot, I'd like to get a refund. It was only around $6, but it is kind of the principle. They make it super easy to purchase things, but the only way I saw to actually get help on the matter was to pay for support, which is ridiculous.

Does anyone have any advice? Thank you!

Last edited by justcrash; 12-30-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:31 PM

Veteran Lounger

Click on the "Report a problem" link in the receipt they email you to report the issue. I suspect they will reimburse you with store credits but not guaranteed. You can also access the "Report a problem" link through the iTunes Store by selecting your Account/Purchase History and select the iTem you are having issues with.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac

Topic: "Gifted" an app for a friend. He can't use it. How do I get a refund?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.