Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Itunes wont transfer all my photos to iPad or Iphone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-08-2011, 07:36 AM

Freshman Lounger

Itunes wont transfer all my photos to iPad or Iphone

I've recently bought an iPad 2 and tried to transfer some photos across from my macbook. But when the sync was completing the following message appeared.

"Some of your photos, including the photo DSCxx.jpg, were not copied the ipod because they cannot be displayed on your iPad."

The same message comes up for my iPhone.

The weird thing is that it will transfer a small amount of photos from the same album with the same file ext's and taken from the same camera on the same day. It transfers the same 9 photos to both the iPad and the iPhone.

There is enough storage space available on both idevices to transfer the complete album so its not an available space issue.

The photos are saved in a folder album in my documents.

The photos will however transfer when i put the photos into iPhoto application however i do not use iPhoto on a regular basis as its too fussy to be of any use.

Please help.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:49 AM

It sounds like, for whatever reason, iTunes is not optimizing the photos for your iPad or iPhone. Photos must first be optimized before they can be synced to an iPad or iPhone (or any other iDevice for that matter). iTunes is supposed to do this if you point it to a physical directory, that is why syncing even just 2,000 photos (which take up around 4.5-6GB on a computer's hard drive depending on the resolution they were taken with) can take longer than it does to sync 40GB of songs, videos, and apps. What I would do, if you insist on using manual management, is instruct iTunes not to sync any photos over to your iPad or iPhone. Find the iPad and iPhone picture cache files (you can use Google to tell you where to look) and delete them. Then plug each device back in and instruct iTunes to sync photos from your folder directory.

I highly, highly suggest you learn your way around iPhoto. It really is one of the best photo organization programs out there and it is completely free with every Mac. It might seem fussy to you but iPhoto uses a bunch of detailed information to organize photos multiple ways. It also automatically creates iDevice optimized versions of each photo automatically so that it take little to no time to actually sync photos over. I didn't use iPhoto when I first purchased my MacBook Pro earlier in the year (around Febraury when they came out with the updated models) but I have since used nothing but iPhoto for my photo managing.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)

Topic: Itunes wont transfer all my photos to iPad or Iphone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.