Music is in iTunes Folder, but not in iTunes Library

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Marlarkey

OK, so i have searched many places and cannot seem to figure this out. I recently bought a new laptop, which is running Windows 7 64 bit. I downloaded iTunes and have put some music into it. Well, today I transfered the rest of my music from my old computer to my laptop and manually dragged my music into iTunes, because I read that dragging the music into an iTunes folder doesn't always add it to iTunes library. It went through the process of adding it to the library (the bar popped up and said adding to library) and then nothing after it was done, none of the music was in my library, but it was in my iTunes media folder itself. I also am running the newest version of iTunes. Can someone please help me with this.

I appreciate it!!!

cjmnews

Staff member
How do you know that it is not in your library?

Have you clicked on the Podcasts, then clicked on the Music section to see the updated list?
Have you restarted iTunes if the above didn't work?

Marlarkey

Yes I have clicked through the music, podcast, and video etc. But still nothing has showed up (first thing I tried) and then after that I have shut down iTunes and started it back up and still nothing. And then I even tried to restart my computer and nothing still the same. So I removed iTunes (clean wipe all 5 programs) and started again. And still same exact thing happens. That's how I know its not I'm my library, but its still in the iTunes folder.

cjmnews

Staff member
Then restore your backup of the iTunes Library.itl file and you will get your library back.

If you don't have one you can reimport all your music from the iTunes Music/iTunes Media folder.

Marlarkey

Ok ill try the first thing you suggested. But the second thing (re adding the music to the library) I've tried numerous times and it won't add it. It won't even pop up as trying to add it.....I really appreciate your help

cjmnews

Staff member
File->Add Folder to Library usually works.

If that does not work you can try to Search for all music files and drag the search results and drop them onto iTunes Music section.

You will never get it to scan your hard drive again. That's a one shot deal.