Backup will include (HD) videos... - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Backup will include (HD) videos...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-24-2010, 01:01 AM

Junior Lounger

Backup will include (HD) videos...

Hello all.

Wondering why iTunes would take so long to sync after I had taken a few videos with my iPod touch 4G... I figured out the problem is, smart iTunes backs up the videos!!!
I checked the MobileSync whatever dir at %appdata% and renamed a huge 4 GB file and it played perfectly (it was a long video I took).

So I wonder, how can I stop iTunes from backing up videos and perhaps, photos? Since this seems in my eyes a stupid behaviour (in my case), since I prefer to manually copy all of these...

Thanks for your time.!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:19 AM

Junior Lounger

To add something, I realized back ups will also include "shared" documents, that is, files used by those applications that allow you to share documents between your PC and the iPod. Example: VLC.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:09 AM

I think there is an option in Edit->Preferences Devices tab to turn off the backups.

You could lose those videos and documents if the iPod needs a restore and they are not backed up.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 12-30-2010, 02:52 AM

Junior Lounger

Hi cjmnews, thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, there is no such option in latest iTunes.
And I am going crazy with this issue... I mean, what is the point of having a 64 GB iPod Touch, having let's say 30 GB of videos with VLC, and then having to backup 30+ GB each time a backup is performed? This is pretty ######ed in my opinion... even the backing up of your camera roll stuff seems pretty stupid to me but at least you can simply cut and paste those photos and videos when the iPod is recognized as a camera in windows at least...

I mean, I can't believe it seems I am the only one having this issue in the entire universe, because I can't find other complainers in the internet :|

Topic: Backup will include (HD) videos...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.