Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: New Computer - iPod has my music that I want transferred to iTunes on my new computer

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-03-2010, 08:29 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face New Computer - iPod has my music that I want transferred to iTunes on my new computer

I have a new computer. All the CDs I loaded to my iPod are not in my new iTunes software. When I connect my iPod, the songs are "grayed out" and I cannot get the music from my iPod to my iTunes...

shouldn't I be able to not have to reload all my CDs into the new computer, new iTunes software....?

Why can't I play what's on my iPod, since I own the CDs that were loaded onto it?

Thanks!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:55 PM

Veteran Lounger

There is a big orange menu bar at the top of this screen.

On that bar you will see a Help! section.

In that section you will find this article on how to move your library from one computer to another.

Transferring your iTunes Library | iLounge Article

If you don't have a regular, good backup routine for your music and media you will eventually lose it all.
Hint: Using your iPod as your backup strategy is not a good plan.

Topic: New Computer - iPod has my music that I want transferred to iTunes on my new computer

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.