Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: session timeout ?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-12-2010, 04:32 AM

Freshman Lounger

session timeout ?

hey there and hello to you mac people,, i am trying to start an account with itunes but every time i try it tells me "session timeout" ?
any clues ? thanks n all

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:34 AM

Freshman Lounger

freshman lounger indeed, lol, guess i must cope that one, rufus
Old 08-12-2010, 06:06 PM

First off, we aren't all "mac people." In fact, most iPod and iPhone consumers actually use Windows and not Mac OS. Secondly, you couldn't have expected a response in 2 minutes. These are forums and not meant for instant responses. I am sure there are plenty of chat rooms dedicated to iTunes, iPods, and the whole iWorld where you can go if you want instant responses.

A session timeout occurs whenever your computer loses contact with the iTunes Store server. There are several reasons for this including (but not limited to) you using up your bandwidth (stop all background downloads and try again), someone else using up your bandwidth (make sure your wireless network is encrypted if you have one), or the iTunes Store is just busy. This can happen quite a bit especially on certain days when new music is released (once every Tuesday in the U.S., I don't know which country you live in so you will have to check with that) or during holidays (it is damn near impossible to download from the iTunes Store on Christmas day).

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)

Topic: session timeout ?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.