Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: songs bought on ex'es account... help?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-10-2010, 05:23 PM

Freshman Lounger

songs bought on ex'es account... help?

ok, I just spent the better part of my morning trying to figure this out... and it's really frustrating. I have a small problem:

I have about 5-7 albums that were purchased for me, on my itunes, by my ex-girlfriend using her store account. And this was before apple un-did the DRM for everything, so they are still protected. I have no contact with her and asking for her password is not an option.

I have been searching for a way to unlock them and have come up empty... there are a few programs out there that are built for people who want to use their itunes purchased music on other devices, but that requires authorization in itunes...

I thought there had to at least be a program out there that would maybe PLAY the files despite the DRM, but I can't even seem to find that...

Am I completely SOL? or is there anytying [even semi-legal] that can help me out... even if its a player that I can play the files on, then use a program to listen to the file being played and copy to a virtual cd [i have found a few of these, aimed toward internet radio, rapsody, and napster], then rip the virtual cd to new unlocked tracks...

anyone have any advice?

thanks.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 AM

Freshman Lounger

I know this is an old post, but I actually found it doing a google search on the topic, and I was wondering if anyone had anymore info on this?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 AM

Necro bumping your old thread aside, there was a reason why nobody responded to it back in 2010: you are SOL. The DRM prevents the files from being played back on anything other than approved Apple hardware and software, period. There isn't another program that can playback the files and those ones that strip the DRM actually work through iTunes. The point is that you need authorization to play the files and there is absolutely no way around that.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)

Topic: songs bought on ex'es account... help?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.