Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How do I transfer a song to Facebook or insert in email?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-28-2010, 12:02 PM

Freshman Lounger

How do I transfer a song to Facebook or insert in email?

I need to send a song from itunes to a friend via email or Facebook and don't know how. Can someone help me? By the way, this song is by my friends band so I'm not sharing illegally.
Thanks.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:32 PM

Power Lounger

If you're on a PC - right click on the song in iTunes and select "Show in Windows Explorer" which will take you to the file location. Locate the file you want, right click on it and select "Send to ----- Mail recipient" (The "Mail recipient" bit is on a sub menu the appears when you hover on "Send to"). An email should open with the file already attached, add the recipient's address and a message and send.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:51 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks. I'm on a Mac though. When I attach the song to email and send it, it always comes back as undeliverable because it's too large. I right clicked on the file and choose "compress" but it doesn't compress enough to send successfully.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:10 AM

Veteran Lounger

You can't compress music files because they are already compressed. You may see a small change in file size using the the "compress file" but you would be better off trying to reduce it's size by converting it to a lower bit rate but this will also effect the sound quality. Your best bet would be to use an online service such as DropBox to save a copy of the file online and send the recipient a link to the file. DropBox will give you 2GB of storage for free.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac

Topic: How do I transfer a song to Facebook or insert in email?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.