Burn Cd from ipod?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Tennent

My ipod and my daughter's are synched to itunes on our desktop mac. I cannot burn a cd from playlists on my ipod, only from playlists on the main itunes library. But the main library does not contain all my songs or my song ratings etc. So I have to print off the playlist from my ipod and then manually create a new playlist on the main library - a real pain, and some songs aren't available.

Am I missing something???

Sparkee

The music needs to be in iTunes to burn a cd. You are flirting with disaster if your only copy of the music is on the iPod. I would recover the files from the iPod and build a library in iTunes with the music as well as putting a copy on an external drive.

Tennent

Most of the music is in itunes on the mac. When I connect the ipod to the mac, I can access either the itunes library or the ipod library, but I can burn cds only from itunes playlists, not my ipod's playlists. Is that right?

Sparkee

The music must be in iTunes and on the computer's hard drive. I guess you are manually managing the iPods, otherwise you would have an iTunes playlist as well if the iPod was set to auto-sync. I would assume this is another restriction pushed by the music industry to prevent music sharing.