Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Audio books

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-02-2010, 12:43 PM

Freshman Lounger

Audio books

I have been having trouble finding audio books on iTunes. What I mean is that under nonfiction, there are five pages of results, but iTunes carries many more nonfiction audio books than are listed on these pages. The same is true for all categories. There are many audio books that are not listed in any category but can only be found by searching for that particular title.

What I'd like to know is if there is a comprehensive list of all the audio books available on iTunes and how I might access that page.

Thank you

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:26 PM

Veteran Lounger

Try Audible for your audiobooks, I like their monthly rates and their store is much easier to find stuff in.

For iTunes Store try the View/Column Browser, although that's not a real great option since it only lists by Author/Narrator.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 02-15-2010, 12:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

Take a look - http://www.booksshouldbefree.com/
Old 03-14-2010, 11:54 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkee View Post
Try Audible for your audiobooks, I like their monthly rates and their store is much easier to find stuff in.

For iTunes Store try the View/Column Browser, although that's not a real great option since it only lists by Author/Narrator.
Why isn't a book that is downloaded to itunes from Audible syncing to my iphone?? What to do??
Old 03-14-2010, 12:28 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply View Post
Why isn't a book that is downloaded to itunes from Audible syncing to my iphone?? What to do??
You would have been better off starting a new thread in the appropriate sections here.

Anyways, have you authorized your Audible account in iTunes? If I remember right you just need to play a book in iTunes to be prompted for your user name and password.

Also check your sync settings, audiobooks are still covered by the music sync settings so any custom sync settings here may block the audiobook. Maybe Apple will be nice someday and add some sync settings specifically for audiobooks.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac

Topic: Audio books

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.