Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: watching while downloading

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-29-2009, 07:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question watching while downloading

I decided to treat myself to renting a movie from the itunes store thinking it would be a quick download time (silly huh?) but am faced with it saying it will take 2 hours... i know im being impatient but is it possible to start watching it while it downloads? i daren't try because you only get so long to watch it and dont want to risk stopping the download! any advice would be appreciated!
thank you

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:07 AM

I know that this response is WAY too late, but for further information with people with this question...

You can start to watch it once enough of it does download that you can start watching. If you do though there is a chance that the movie will "stop" if you downloading is slower than your ability to watch the movie. I did this once and found I had to wait about 1/2 hour before I could start watching the movie reliably without buffering. Once enough downloaded it was no problemand I had no problems with interruption andhad the moviewatched in plenty of time.

Good luck!

5G 80GB iPod / iPhone 4 / MacBook Pro / Last.fm /
Links to common ?'s
FAQS | Artist missing songs | iPod not Recognized Mac or PC | disable auto-sync temp. | Disk mode How to | iPod has Folder/!

Topic: watching while downloading

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.