Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iTunes Wish List instead of Shopping Cart, doesn't work

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-12-2009, 05:17 PM

Freshman Lounger

iTunes Wish List instead of Shopping Cart, doesn't work

I have the latest iTunes 9.0.2.25 version and have been informed by iTunes support by email directing me to a Help page online, there is no longer a Shopping Cart for multiple song purchases--that I have to add items to a Wish List if I want to buy songs in a group, rather than hitting the "Buy" button and buying songs one-a-time. Problem is, the "Buy All" Wish List option their help page refers to doesn't exist--only choice there, too, is to go through the whole Buy process for each individual song. Can't find any phone #s for phone support--the support people on email don't seem to do anything but send web links.

I'm considering trying to uninstall and roll back to an earlier iTunes verison but I'm worried about trying to do that and also don't know if it will accomplish anything--maybe it's just changes at iTunes store that are preventing buying more than one song at a time?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:21 PM

Veteran Lounger

By your name I assume you are Canadian. I checked here on my iTunes and I also do not have a "Buy All" button on my Wish List in my Canada iTunes Store. I did a search on Apple Support on the topic and came up with this article. I'm not sure what Apple has against Canadians but at the bottom of this page it reads "*Buy All is not available in the Canada iTunes Store." May be the same "rules" that prevents us from using gift cards to buy software updates and apps?

Send Apple Feedback.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 01-04-2010, 09:58 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkee View Post
By your name I assume you are Canadian. I checked here on my iTunes and I also do not have a "Buy All" button on my Wish List in my Canada iTunes Store. I did a search on Apple Support on the topic and came up with this article. I'm not sure what Apple has against Canadians but at the bottom of this page it reads "*Buy All is not available in the Canada iTunes Store." May be the same "rules" that prevents us from using gift cards to buy software updates and apps?

Send Apple Feedback.
Thanks for your response. I had difficulty getting back into the forum which seemed to have lost me from the database, or I'd have thanked you sooner. I'm really miffed with iTunes about this, and don't know how to get any attention from them. I don't think I should have had this info. from this forum but rather, their email support person. I also can't think of any good reason for iTunes to discriminate against Canadian buyers by forcing us to go through a purchase routine for every individual song. I'm going to try to find a snail mail address in the hopes that this monolith pays more attention to customers on paper than in cyberspace. Ta, again.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:22 PM

Toronto Tonto

if there's a functional difference between the canadian and u.s. stores, i would suspect music industry regulations rather than apple. why would apple want to build separate functionality for different countries if they didn't have to?

j

Check out my indie-alternative music blog oneintenwords.com
Old 01-05-2010, 09:29 PM

Veteran Lounger

I agree it don't make sense for Apple to build 2 different stores. It is a known fact the music industry has much less control in Canada, but not from a lack of trying. It is much less regulated here than in the US since the DMCA does not apply here and there is nothing close to it in place. But this happens with music and videos in the Wish List.

This also wouldn't explain why Apps and software upgrades can't be purchased with store credits in Canada which is also a difference built into the stores. They claim a difference in trade or taxation laws, then why don't these apply to music or videos?

It's just odd they make it tougher for us to give them are money.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 AM

Toronto Tonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkee View Post
It's just odd they make it tougher for us to give them are money.
this seems to be a key problem in the music industry. people want to buy but antiquated rules mean we can't, so many of us turn to "other means" of getting our music that are more flexible.

j

Check out my indie-alternative music blog oneintenwords.com
Old 01-10-2010, 12:20 PM

Veteran Lounger

What's odd is the music industry is coming around allowing music files to be more manageable with less copy protection. But the movie and TV Show industries have not yet learnt from the music industries mistakes. If you make your products easy to get and easy to use on multiple devies at a reasonable cost people are willing to pay.

Although with the original topic here I don't think this is a music or movie industry issue. I have read a report where most of the discrepancies or restriction with iTunes Store in Canada are related to Canadian tax and trade rules that Apple does not want to deal with. Only way around it is to get Apple to deal with them, or get the government to change the rules. The Canadian content, licensing and distribution rules may also come into play here as well, but I believe they are already managed by what's put into the store. I can't remember where I read it, but I'll post a link if I can find it again.

Edit: Now with the info I read on this blog entry, an Apple employee admits to the use of store credits for apps not being a trade law issue but an Apple policy.

Also check out Michael Geist's Blog, great place for Canadians to keep up on internet, e-commerce, copy protection and other digital/computer laws pertaining to Canadians.

Last edited by Sparkee; 01-10-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:37 PM

Freshman Lounger

Smile Apple store does NOT discriminate; problem universal

Dear Canadiennes,

I too have no option to Gift "all" or purchase "all" in wishlist on itunes store and I'm in Miami...I just upgraded to 10.5.1.

Does anyone have a solution?

Topic: iTunes Wish List instead of Shopping Cart, doesn't work

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.