Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: redeeming card problems

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-05-2009, 08:18 PM

Junior Lounger

redeeming card problems

I entered the card number when i created my itunes accouunt today trouble is when i try to buy an app it doesnt work just takes me to my account info and requests which way i want to pay visa etc. There is the option to redeem a card but i cant take that option as i used in when i created my account. it just comes up saying card has allready been redeemed if i try.

can anyone help me? am i missing something totally obvious perhaps? all help is much appreciated thank you.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:25 PM

Junior Lounger

hmm an update the card i bought was for itunes and it works fine to buy songs so is there a diffent card i can get to use the app store? sorry iam new to all of this
Old 12-06-2009, 12:38 PM

Veteran Lounger

You must be from Canada. Apple claims there are some Canadian tax rules that prevent them from selling software, games and apps using store credits, credit cards are the only way to get them. I have read reports these rules do not exist however there is probably some bureaucratic red tape involved here Apple does not want to deal with. My argument has always been that the same cash that pays the credit card buys the gift cards so there should be no difference. But try to explain that to Apple or a politician.

In any case I find the "Redeem" button found at the bottom of the App Store on the touch to be false advertising and a trap that lures unsuspecting Canadians into buying graft cards that are useless for buying Apps. I would venture a guess the bulk of iPod touch owners are too young to obtain a credit card and app sales would increase considerably if they could work this out.

The gift cards will still work fine for video and music.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 12-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Junior Lounger

yup that about explains my dilema i think, thanks Sparkee.

if this is this case how safe would anyone say itunes is for using your credit card over?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:55 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by davio28 View Post
yup that about explains my dilema i think, thanks Sparkee.

if this is this case how safe would anyone say itunes is for using your credit card over?
As safe as any other reputable business. I've been using iTunes with my CC for years without a problem.

If you don't have a regular, good backup routine for your music and media you will eventually lose it all.
Hint: Using your iPod as your backup strategy is not a good plan.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:19 AM

Junior Lounger

ok great thanks for your help guys

Topic: redeeming card problems

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.