Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Burning music bought several years ago.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-30-2009, 05:52 PM

Freshman Lounger

Burning music bought several years ago.

Hi, I bought some music from itunes a few years ago. I burned the CDs, but now I have lost them. I'd like to burn them again, but that is not an option that itunes is giving me. I tried transferring them to RP and WMP, but they also won't work because I can't convert the music to MP3. What do I do now? I'd like to burn the music I bought. I went online to try to get some help from Apple, but there is none there. I called Apple, but they said visit the website.

Thanks,

Wendy

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 PM

Veteran Lounger

Can you play the songs in iTunes?

The songs need to be authorized in iTunes before you can play or burn them. Trying to play them will cause iTunes to prompt you for you user name and password. Make sure you do not have too many songs in the playlist, CDs can only hold 60-80 min of audio. If they are in a playlist you can only burn that list a certain number of times. Simply delete it and create another with the same songs.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 11-01-2009, 01:58 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I can play the songs in itunes. I tried to authorize. It kept saying I had to sign in with my new Apple account. I tried doing that, but it keeps giving me an error. I can't remember the exact error right now. The burn cd option is grayed out. The entire CD is the only thing on that playlist. It's DC Talk's 10 Anniversary Jesus Freak remix CD. They will fit on 2 CDs. I burned them before. This time I just don't have that option because it's grayed out.

Wendy
Old 11-01-2009, 11:51 AM

Veteran Lounger

Knowing the error may help here.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 11-03-2009, 12:35 AM

Freshman Lounger

An error occurred: The itunes store could not process your request at this time. Please try again later. That is what it says when trying to authorize my computer. I can sign in using the Apple account, but the option to burn is still grayed out.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:05 PM

Toronto Tonto

can you upgrade the songs to itunes plus? that might get rid of the drm that's stopping you from burning...

j

Check out my indie-alternative music blog oneintenwords.com
Old 11-03-2009, 03:01 PM

Freshman Lounger

Ok, yes, I can do that. I will try that. Thank you!

Wendy

Topic: Burning music bought several years ago.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.