Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Itunes Store watchlist

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-21-2009, 05:25 AM

Freshman Lounger

Itunes Store watchlist

Hi.

I have been looking for a feature which seems a no brainer to me, but can't find on the itunes store. Want to find out if im missing something obvious.

When im browsing for a bit of music or a film - it would be great to create a list of 'maybes' that I may or may not want to watch. A watchlist.....

Then after doing my browsing i've got a shortlist of candidates that i make my purchase decision from.

Anyone got any tips on how to do this? Only way i can figure to make myself a list and links is to use the send to a friend function and email myself.

thanks.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:47 PM

Veteran Lounger

Send Apple some feedback. I don't know why they will not implement this other than someone else holds the patent. Audible Books has a very handy "Wishlist" tied to your account you can add books to for future purchases. Even pretty much every online store has some way to save a "Shopping Cart" for purchasing at a later time.

One option is to create a playlist in iTunes and drag and drop the songs to it. Open the playlist highlight and click the arrow in the appropriate column to take you to the iTunes Store page.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 02-22-2009, 02:41 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for that tip. Just tried it and it seems like a reasonable work around. Will send feed back to apple though - keep applying the pressure i guess.....
Old 02-22-2009, 01:47 PM

Toronto Tonto

i use the shopping cart in itunes to do this very thing. i don't use one-click purchasing, i selected the option to use the shopping cart.

john
Old 03-21-2009, 03:37 AM

Pro Lounger

i take it you mean a watchlist of stuff you actually like? yeah, that'd be a great idea. i must uncheck the box for the new music emails, 'coz they seen what i purchased already & what country i live in, but for some reason they like pushing country & western at me!?

what about the genius feature? could they integrate that & send out some hints derived from genius feature? it would be a bit like sales harrasment, but in our cases not so bad if we ARE looking for stuff anyway (& other companies do tele / email marketing anyway, so....)

Topic: Itunes Store watchlist

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.