Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iTunes podcast icon disappeared

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-29-2008, 10:45 AM

Junior Lounger

iTunes podcast icon disappeared

After a podcast sync, the podcast icon (under devices) is no longer displayed. It is still visible under Library and contains all the podcasts correctly.

On the iPod, the podcasts are incorrectly listed under Music/Songs and the Podcasts category is empty.

Both in iTunes and iPod, they show up correctly under a playlist I created "Unplayed Podcast" (Genre is Podcast AND Play Count is 0).

It's as if the iPod does not recognize them as Podcast, but the Get Info meta data looks OK

Thanks

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:39 PM

Veteran Lounger

Check your iPod's podcasts sync settings in iTunes with the iPod connected, it may have been disabled. The podcasts will still show up in the iPod's music sections as well as the playlists but the iPod's podcasts sync settings need to be set for them to properly show up on the iPod.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 05-30-2008, 04:07 PM

Junior Lounger

Thanks, turning off manual sync did make the icon show up, although I would argue that the behavior is a bug as a Podcast should be treated as one regardless of how it got to the iPod (manual or auto sync).

Follow up:
I now notice that there is an inconsistency between how iTunes and iPod treat Podcasts as described below.

iTunes/Podcast
Correctly shows all my Podcast (50+)

iPod/Podcasts
Correctly shows the few I selected for auto synch

iPod/Library
Incorrectly shows all my Podcast (50+)

Why are they still in the iPod Library folder now that we have the iPod Podcast folder showing up?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2008, 06:36 PM

Veteran Lounger

Podcasts will still show up in the iPods Music sections, not much you can do about it. Even though they are in the music section, podcasts are set to skip when shufflling by default and will not play if you shuffle music. Only the podcasts you have selected in the sync settings will be displayed in the iPods Podcast section. You may still have the other podcasts syncing through a playlist or a smartplaylist which will show up in the music sections but not the podcasts section.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac

Topic: iTunes podcast icon disappeared

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.