Itunes album art and music display issues - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Itunes album art and music display issues

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-04-2008, 06:58 AM

Freshman Lounger

Itunes album art and music display issues

Hi guys, I have 2 questions regarding itunes.

Firstly, if I use itunes to download album art, is the picture saved in the ID3 tag or is it saved somewhere else in the itunes folders? I seem to have heard that it doesn't save in the ID3 tag, can anyone clarify?

Secondly, I have problems displaying my music collection properly. This happens when its a mixed compilation CD and the artists are all different in the same CD.

When I click on the middle option of "View" (It's at the top, where u choose cover flow etc.), instead of showing an album and the list of songs (like a normal single artist CD), mine gets split up into many different categories, 1 album for 1 artist (all using the same album art).

Is there anyway I can sort this properly? I have tried checking "part of a compilation", it does not work as well. Even songs of the same artist but with different bit rates gets split up.

Any itunes guru can help me out?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:50 AM

1. The art is stored in another folder. Not in the ID3.
2. Look at the Sort Options to see if they all have the same values. You may also need to select all the songs of an album, right click, choose Get Info and retype the album name to get them all the same (hidden spaces, capitalization). The Artist may have to be done this way too.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 05-05-2008, 01:33 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmnews
1. The art is stored in another folder. Not in the ID3.
2. Look at the Sort Options to see if they all have the same values. You may also need to select all the songs of an album, right click, choose Get Info and retype the album name to get them all the same (hidden spaces, capitalization). The Artist may have to be done this way too.
Hi thanks for the reply.

(1) Is there any way we can put them in the ID3 tag in an automated way?

(2) where are the sort options? I used TagnRenamed for doing my ID3, so all the info are same. But I have done what you said, get info etc, but it doesn't change. Likewise with the artist problem.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:32 AM

I don't have iTunes in front of me, but I believe the Sorting Options is one of the tabs for a single song. Not sure you can see it with multiple songs selected.

There may be a 3rd party application to add album art automatically into the ID3 tags, some searching here may reveal it.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 05-05-2008, 03:16 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty66
Hi thanks for the reply. (1) Is there any way we can put them in the ID3 tag in an automated way?
Yes. If you have a Mac, try "Embed Artwork v1.1"
http://dougscripts.com/itunes/script...hp?sp=embedart
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty66
(2) where are the sort options? I used TagnRenamed for doing my ID3, so all the info are same. But I have done what you said, get info etc, but it doesn't change. Likewise with the artist problem.
It's so you can sort, for example, an artist like "10 CC" under T instead of after Z.

Topic: Itunes album art and music display issues

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.