Itunes info for my cd is a different language. - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Itunes info for my cd is a different language.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-06-2008, 10:11 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question Itunes info for my cd is a different language.

I am currently reripping all my cd's to my computer at a higher bitrate (320). So as I am doing this and I put in the cd's it sometimes asks me which cd I have in the computer. A window will pop up in itunes and say something like is this the cd and it lists the cd I have inserted but like 2 or 3 times. For example, it will say Incubus - Morning View as an option but then list Incubus - Morning View as option 2 and 3 as well. So I just usually pick the top one and it puts all the info on the album no problem. I just put in System of a Downs "Steal this album" and again the options come up but with only 2 options. I pick the top one even though they are identical and then I notice all the album info is in another language. It says the tracks are Chic N Stu, Innervision, Bubbles, Boom, Ich Verlasse Heut Dein Herz, Dich Zutoten Fiel Mir Schwer etc. I took the cd out and put it back in but it doesnt give me the options anymore it just puts the album info in that language again. I even ripped a different cd then put this one back in and again it just shows the album info in that language. How can I fix this without having to manually put in all the info myself?

I haven't ripped the cd to my computer yet either in case that matters.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:36 AM

Have you tried putting the CD in the drive, and using Advanced->Get CD Info (or some wording like that) to see if you can get the other versions of the tags?

You can also type in the track info yourself. I have to do this with a lot of audiobooks as most of them have no album info or album info with bad spelling.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 03-07-2008, 10:34 AM

Veteran Lounger

The on-line CDDB that iTunes uses to look-up the contents of a CD will show multiple choices when it has multiple listings in the database for that CD, allowing you to pick which you want. Apparently, someone has submitted a version of the CD in another language to the database.

Not sure - I'd eject/re-insert the CD & pick a different option if offered. Also, try the Get CD Info menu item as cjmnews says.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:44 PM

Freshman Lounger

Advanced + Get CD track names. Never knew that option was there but it worked! Thanks a lot.

Topic: Itunes info for my cd is a different language.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.