Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How Many Times Can You Burn iTunes Songs?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-10-2008, 06:48 AM

Senior Lounger

How Many Times Can You Burn iTunes Songs?

I heard there is a limit when it comes to downloading playlists containing normal Itunes songs. I'm wondering does that mean that you can only download each individual song seven times, or does that mean you can only burn an actual playlist seven times. Let's say I had the song Bittersweet Symphony in ten different playlists; would I be able to burn it ten times?

There was probably a much easier way to ask this but I never ask question the easy way

thanks

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:04 AM

Power Lounger

Yes - it is the playlist that is limited, not the song.

And...this ONLY applies to "protected AAC" songs - those purchased from the iTunes Music Store. Any songs that you've ripped yourself from CD, or otherwise obtained without copy protection, have no limitations.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:20 AM

Also new iTunes Plus songs from the iTunes store have no restrictions.

I think Cold Irons got it the rest of the way.

A song in some ways has "unlimited" burn potential as long as it is burned in different playlists. The restriction is only via playlist to prevent mass production of a single instance of a playlist (7 burns).

You have unlimited "data disc" burns for the songs. You can burn them to a data CD or DVD as many times as you need for back up purchases.

I'm not sure what you mean by "downloading playlists" Understand that any purchase you make from the iTunes is allowed only one download. After that it is your responsibility to either back it up to an external hard drive or an audio CD, or a Data CD so you can have access to the file should your iPod or hard drive file.

Good luck.

5G 80GB iPod / iPhone 4 / MacBook Pro / Last.fm /
Links to common ?'s
FAQS | Artist missing songs | iPod not Recognized Mac or PC | disable auto-sync temp. | Disk mode How to | iPod has Folder/!
Old 01-11-2008, 03:46 AM

Senior Lounger

thanks, you guys answsered my question. when I said, downloading playlists, I meant to say burning playlists onto cd. the majority of the cds I have burned have only music that I purchaed from Itunes, and most of the songs are not Itunes plus songs.

I am glad to know that I can burn each individual song an unlimited amount of times. thanks again for the replies

Topic: How Many Times Can You Burn iTunes Songs?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.