Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Move songs from one album to another

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-29-2007, 06:35 PM

Freshman Lounger

Move songs from one album to another

Two questions for anyone who might be able to help.

1) I've imported my CD collection into itunes. Most CDs came in just fine, however some came in in pieces.

One CD, Brand New Heavies, imported into my iTunes library so each individual song is in its own separate album. All songs still retain the proper CD cover artwork and are shown to have been imported from the same CD, but each song is shown as a separate album in the "album view" window.

Another imported CD ended up being split in half. Two albums with the same artwork and title, but with only half the songs on each album.

My question is, can I avoid this when importing, and if not, can I fix it after importing? Is there a way to move songs from one album to another?

2) I have many recordings of my own music that are scattered about on many CDs and tapes. When I import them, they also come in as one song per album. How can I create or allot one album as the main location for these songs and then transport them all into that one location?

I guess what I really want to figure out is how to move songs from one album location to another album location?

Thanks, Peter

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:12 PM

Power Lounger

Simply editing the tag information by right-clicking on a track(s) and selecting "Get Info" and editing the appropriate fields will "move" songs.

First, are you sure they are listed not as multiple albums, but as multiple artists or album artists?

For instance, a Santana album, "Supernatural", may show up as one album in album view, but may show up as multiple albums under 'Artist' view if the artist is "Santana & Rob Thomas", "Santana & Cee-Lo", etc.

To fix this problem, highlight all the songs on the cd when you insert it in iTunes, right-click and edit the tag information so that each appropriate field is the same. Then import the album. If the albums are already in iTunes, do the same: highlight all the songs that should be together and make sure the album, disc number, album artist, etc. is correct.

Lastly, if these suggestions don't work, delete the songs from the library but keep them on you computer. Then re-add them. There is a glitch where, occasionally, some songs will not group together even if the tag information is correct.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:25 AM

Freshman Lounger

Excellent. Worked like a charm. Thank you. Now life can go on!

PD

Topic: Move songs from one album to another

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.