Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: delete numbers before track title, can this be done

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-25-2007, 02:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

delete numbers before track title, can this be done

I doubt I can do this, but I have just put a complete box set into my ipod. The problem is that each track shows up as 00_00 before each song title. Since there are alot of songs, can I delete the 00_00 without having to do each song individually. If not itunes is there a different program. I doubt it!

bha19

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-25-2007, 03:05 PM

Since it's an uncommon tag it won't necessarily be easy...

Are you on a mac? You might be able to find an applescript to help....

5G 80GB iPod / iPhone 4 / MacBook Pro / Last.fm /
Links to common ?'s
FAQS | Artist missing songs | iPod not Recognized Mac or PC | disable auto-sync temp. | Disk mode How to | iPod has Folder/!
Old 12-25-2007, 03:42 PM

Veteran Lounger

If on a Mac, you want to get "Remove n Characters From Front or Back v2.0" from Doug's Applescript site.
http://dougscripts.com/itunes/script...p=removenchars
Old 12-25-2007, 06:02 PM

Freshman Lounger

Sorry I am stuck in Windows XP SP2

bha19
Old 12-27-2007, 02:32 AM

Blue since the 70's

If you have a good tagging program, you can make it search for the CD titles in the FreeDB or Amazon.com and then you can write the new tags from there, without the numbers.

Of course this will ony work if the CD titles are found in the data base. For this, the CD needs to be in the correct order and the songs need to match the length of the DB entry. But its worth a shot Id say.

Programs that can do this are "Tag&Rename" and "mp3tag". The first one costs money and the second one is free. Google them if you decide to try it.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:22 AM

Veteran Lounger

One difficult to use but very powerful program is Media Monkey. If your song's filenames are all titled correctly, you can use it to write the tags from the song names. It will even to artist, album, song title, track number from the directory names and song titles.

I think, but am not sure, it will take a file name such as 03 - Some Song Name.mp3 and make up the tag data for track number and song title from that, removing the "03 - " from the front of the title.

h

160Gb Classic, iPhone 4, Ultimate Ears TripeFi 10, 15,000+ songs
Old 12-28-2007, 08:08 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhnhyouh
One difficult to use but very powerful program is Media Monkey. If your song's filenames are all titled correctly, you can use it to write the tags from the song names. It will even to artist, album, song title, track number from the directory names and song titles.

I think, but am not sure, it will take a file name such as 03 - Some Song Name.mp3 and make up the tag data for track number and song title from that, removing the "03 - " from the front of the title.

h
I have media monkey and would try that, except that the new IPOD's have a different tag system that I have found does not work with other programs. For example, first I backed up IPOD with IPOD access (All O.K.), then I then searched for duplicates with ipod 2 ipod and removed them in ipod 2 ipod, but this caused itunes and my IPOD not to recognize the songs on my IPOD. It did say storage space was used, so I knew the songs were in there. This makes me skeptical of using non-itunes software. I reformatted IPOD and then reinstalled songs with itunes (All O.K. again).

bha19

Last edited by bha19; 12-28-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:14 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have an issue in editing the titles (and other song info) on songs which are in a different drive to my C: drive. Can you please help?

Topic: delete numbers before track title, can this be done

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.