Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iTunes not syncing playlist on ipod Shuffle

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-19-2007, 05:59 PM

Freshman Lounger

Unhappy iTunes not syncing playlist on ipod Shuffle

itunes won't sync my playlist on ipod Shuffle. When auto or manual filling. Only a few songs sync and all the other songs have a grey dot next to them. My itunes and ipod shuffle are both up to date. Can't figure out why this is happening. Don't think it's the shuffle because it works fine on my other computer. Must be something with this computer.

Anyone have the same problem? Would appreciate any help.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:38 AM

Per Apple, the gray dot is "A bullet next to a song in your iPod shuffle playlist indicates the song is not currently on your iPod shuffle. If the song is authorized to play on your computer and is saved in a format that can be played on your iPod shuffle (such as AAC, MP3, or WAV), the song will be copied to your iPod shuffle the next time you connect it (if there is enough space on your iPod shuffle). Click here for more information."

Maybe you ripped your songs at a high bit rate and your shuffle is full?

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 11-20-2007, 01:08 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for replying.
There is plenty of space on my ipod and the songs aren't at a high bit rate. Everything was working fine until about a month ago. I've un and re-instsalled itunes on my computer and restored my ipod, but still getting the grey dots. There's no rhyme or reason to the songs itunes syncs and doesn't sync. I'm perplexed.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:30 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face Same here!

I know exactly what you mean! It just keeps saying disk not found and won't put anysong on! I have 20 songs on there already but won't let me put anymore! Its so frustrating cus I hate listening to the same songs over and over again!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:00 AM

Nice to drag up an old thread. Apple may have help for you and your "disk not found" error.

Carolyn may want to check out Some songs in iTunes won't copy to iPod for her issue.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: iTunes not syncing playlist on ipod Shuffle

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.