Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: No video in iTunes

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-26-2007, 05:16 PM

Senior Lounger

No video in iTunes

This is weird. When I click on a video in iTunes (either a music video or video podcast), I get sound but a blank white window. Different window sizes or full screen, doesn't matter. This used to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes 7.4.3 package.

Videos play fine in the standalone Qucktime player, though (even protected downloads).

Any suggestions would be appreicated.

Thanks

Randy

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:44 PM

You probably already read Apple's: White or gray video when you play a movie with QuickTime or missing software message which doesn't sound like the issue you are having since yours plays in Quicktime.

I would guess that you should uninstall iTunes, clean up the iTunes installer and reinstall. Apple has steps here: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93976

I guess that iTunes is not seeing a Codec that you have installed in your Quicktime.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 10-31-2009, 01:07 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_M View Post
This is weird. When I click on a video in iTunes (either a music video or video podcast), I get sound but a blank white window. Different window sizes or full screen, doesn't matter. This used to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes 7.4.3 package.

Videos play fine in the standalone Qucktime player, though (even protected downloads).

Any suggestions would be appreicated.

Thanks

Randy
I had a similiar problem on my PC version of iTunes... no screen or blank screen when playing back music videos. I tried to reinstall etc.. and no luck. finally ended up working after I played around with the screen settings. IE full size etc... seemed to relocated the screen back onto the desktop. So want to say the problem was the screen was ultimately displaying off the desktop some place.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:48 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face no solution worked for me

so I tried these, no dice. my sound works and the video is playing (ie I can press stop, forwards, even the x to close video), so I can pause, rewind, and itunes acts like its in view picture mode (ie cannot browse the library) even though it shows my video and music library. tried using the open video in another window function, but again, no dice. HELP!!!!!!!

Topic: No video in iTunes

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.