Errors 48 & 69

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

maximj

Hello,

I think I may have posted in the wrong section so I am going to post here and see if anyone can help.

I am not able to sync my 80g Ipod Video to my Itunes 7.4.1 running off my XP comp with an external HD which stores all my music using usb 2.0. Whenever I try to sync I receive errors -46 & -69 at random points during the sync. It is never the same song that it sticks on and whichever song it stops on it will sync with no problem the next time I try it. I have ran chkdsk's on all my drives and my Ipod and ran cdcheck on my music files with no errors. I have also restored my Ipod several times and ran diagnostics on it with everything coming back clean.

This problem all started when I moved my music files from my PC to my external HD. I have changed my settings so Itunes knows to find my music on my external HD. Both my Itunes and Ipod work well seperately but I am not able to fully sync my Ipod. Also sometimes after I try to sync and get the errors all the files that I had tried to sync up to that point are stored as data on my Ipod and not as music.

Could this possibly have anything to do with my album art being corrupted somehow in the transfer because sometimes I would also get write file delay that would pop up in windows stating that random artwork could not be transferred.

I have been fighting with this for about a week. I've also tried moving everything pack to my PC but am still not able to sync. My library is about 18,000 songs with artwork for almost every album, which is why I had to move to an external HD.

I really hope someone can suggest something so I do not have to resort to reimporting all of my cd's again.

Thanks.