Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Merging Album Tracks into One Album

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-11-2007, 11:37 PM

Freshman Lounger

Merging Album Tracks into One Album

I'm having the strangest problem with iTunes...I have a Cake album called Comfort Eagle that I have all 11 tracks for that will not cnoverge into one album...instead I have 11 identical albums back to back for each song in cover flow and it makes no sense. I highlighted all 11 tracks at once and made all of the have identical spelling for the artist, album, album year, the tracks are in order and the genre's are identical yet each track still has its own album cover. Everything I have tried has not worked and if anyone has any idea how I can merge them all into one album the advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:29 AM

Power Lounger

Did you also make the album artist the same? The album artist is more important than the actual artist when merging tracks into one album.

Also check the sort field.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:48 AM

Freshman Lounger

??

What do you mean by checking the sort field..whats this and is it something I can edit all together in when picking info? Thanks
Old 07-12-2007, 12:12 PM

Freshman Lounger

Figured out a solution, for some reason I had to select the Part of a Complilation check box...dont know why that is as Ive never had to do that before...only when I moved over to my new MacBook Pro...strange...mabe an updated version of iTunes that i didnt have on my PC that hs a new glitch or something...anyway, if anyone else has the same problem that the easy solution...just check off Part of a Compilation
Old 07-15-2007, 05:00 AM

Senior Lounger

bdaniels,

AlbumArtist should have done the trick too. Compilations does the grouping like you would like to see however it moves the files to the Compilations folder.

Some FYI:
Saying CDís for more than one CD is wrong. Say CDs.
A 500 GB hard disk has capacity for 465 GiB of data
International standard date notation is yyyy-MM-dd

Topic: Merging Album Tracks into One Album

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.