Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Want Live updating to be not so lively

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-03-2007, 02:17 AM

Junior Lounger

Want Live updating to be not so lively

I like the love updating feature of smart playlists. I have a couple auto-rotating smart playlists, and it's great with iPods. I do have a smart playlist for not-rated songs. I enabled live updating so once I rate the song and sync back to iTunes, it will replace the rated songs. Using this in iPods is fine. However, if I play this in iTunes, once I put a rating on a song, iTunes immediately stops the song and pull it out from the playlist. Annoying! I know it is due to live updating matching the criteria, but can it at least update the playlist after I'm done listening to the song? I hope Apply can make live updating a bit smarter. For now, I just have to disable live updating while playing it in iTunes, and turn it back on after I'm done.

Anybody maybe have a suggestion on how to fine tune this smart playlist to not automatically yank out the track after I rate it while in the middle of listening to it? (Other than disabling live updating)

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:38 AM

Veteran Lounger

You can't. Either learn to rate songs right after they play or drag the smartlist over to the party list and play *that* while you're in iTunes.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:57 AM

Toronto Tonto

When I'm at home playing tunes on my computer, I use Party Shuffle and one of my smart playlists feeds the party shuffle. If you update a rating while a song is playing in party shuffle, it DOES NOT stop playing the song. It also shows the last several songs played so you can go back and change the rating for a song after it has played, without always having to go to the Recently Played playlist.

John
Old 07-05-2007, 12:04 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlegend
When I'm at home playing tunes on my computer, I use Party Shuffle and one of my smart playlists feeds the party shuffle. If you update a rating while a song is playing in party shuffle, it DOES NOT stop playing the song. It also shows the last several songs played so you can go back and change the rating for a song after it has played, without always having to go to the Recently Played playlist.
Great tip! Thanks a lot. Didn't know the party shuffle feature can be useful to me.

Topic: Want Live updating to be not so lively

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.