Anyway to get CD track names

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

alytee123

My connection during peek hours (after about 6 in the evening) is quite bad and I cant import albums during this time because itunes cant access its online music database and get the track names automatically. I try throught he 'Advanced' tab and click get track names but this still doenst work. Is there anyway I can get the track names manually from the net and import to itunes without having to edit each individual track myself and put the info in that way?

superpoincare

I dont think so ... the only way to do so without manually entering the name is to use the get CD track names option in the menu...

Try going down the list of CD tracks and select get CD track names for each item listed. I have to do this with iTunes when I import a CD before it will get the track names. One of the items listed always works. It didn't do this before but since updating iTunes I have trouble getting the track names to appear.

snowdog99

I don't know if this would help but...........

iTunes remembers CDs that it has previously identified. If you load a CD when your connection is good, let iTunes get its info but don't import it, the info will be there if you put the same CD back in the drive later. You could take advantage of this to ID a load of CDs when the connection is OK and import them into iTunes at your leisure without depending on accessing the net.

superpoincare

alternative you can rip the songs without the tags and wait for the internet connection to get better and select the tracks and go to "Advanced" and get CD track names. This works too and the advantage here is that your CD can go back to its case.

One warning here is that you have to rip the songs with iTunes. If you rip from other software, then itunes wont get the names for the songs.

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
U can download the entire database (it's not that big) into your 'puter then heck with the Internet connection.

superpoincare

how does one download the entire database ? Is it legal ?

Plus its not really useful. One still has to manually enter the tags right ? unless one uses some other software which can pull out the tags from this database and puts them in the songs when ripping

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
Legal? gosh I dunno. Never thought about it. One day I went to the site, it had an option to download, so I did and it worked!

Manual? no-no-no-no. The downloaded material is in actual CDDB format, except that it resides on your HD. I digress, iTunes doesn't seem to have an option to change this pointer. Never mind, my stand-along ripper does.