A few itunes questions... - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: A few itunes questions...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-03-2007, 05:23 PM

Senior Lounger

A few itunes questions...

How much of a song has to be played for it to be counted in the play count list?

If my ipod is updating and select sync ipod does it start the process again or just add changes made since it last started?

When I close itunes and then manually disconnect my ipod the display on the ipod doesn't always stop saying do not disconnect. What's the correct procedure?

I bought the itunes for dummies book but it doesnt cover such basic questions. In fact it's pretty useless for most things I want to know.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarric
How much of a song has to be played for it to be counted in the play count list?
All of it. The song must be played right to the end.

Quote:
If my ipod is updating and select sync ipod does it start the process again or just add changes made since it last started?
It will actually do nothing, since it's already syncing. If you select sync iPod while it's syncing, it just keeps on doing what it's already doing.

Quote:
When I close itunes and then manually disconnect my ipod the display on the ipod doesn't always stop saying do not disconnect. What's the correct procedure?
What method are you using to "eject" the iPod and how long are you waiting? With a 5G iPod, it can sometimes take up to 30 seconds before the iPod finishes "ejecting" and the "Do Not Disconnect" screen goes away.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:44 PM

Senior Lounger

I'm using eject ipod which seems to work ok. I then use the option to manually disconnect hardware, which again seems to work. It's just that my display sometimes seems to stay on do not disconnect. Has been ok recently though so maybe I've got used to it.

I have another quick question - when you make a backup of your itunes and save it on your pc, if your ipod messes up will this file (or even just itunes) reinstate everything to the last settings and songs/videos?
Old 01-06-2007, 12:05 AM

Senior Lounger

having had a bit more time with my ipod now, i've confirmed a few things.

A song will still count as played even if you start it at the final second of it. It's only when the song ends that it registers.

Changes made after syncing has started will not be updated. You need to wait for the first update to complete and then sync it again.

Ejecting is working fine for me now thanks.

Topic: A few itunes questions...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.