Poster frame of TV Shows in Album View

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ultrazero

Website
www.miabifilms.com
I have looked and looked and can't find an answer to this question. (can't even find the question)

This only seems to be a problem when viewing TV Shows in the Album View mode. The artwork that is displayed next to the shows seems to be chosen at random. This works fine with your music because the artwork is the same for all tracks. But with TV shows, each episode usually has a different poster frame. So at random, iTunes chooses one to be displayed. And more often than not it isn't a good representation of the show. Why it doesn't choose the first episode is beyond me.

Is there any way to set this so it is a specific poster frame or picture? I'd like to keep the different poster frames for each episode. Anything short of making the artwork the same for all episodes?

That's kind of wordy. I think a picture will better help you understand what I'm trying to ask here. In this example, the poster frame being displayed happens to be black.

Anyone? Thanks!

Attachments

Website
www.ilounge.com
You have to manually add a picture of your own to the tracks in order for this to work.

To do this, find an artwork image that you would like to add, and then select all of your video tracks that you want to apply the image to, and choose File->Get Info. You will see an "Artwork" dialog box... Simply drag/drop (or paste) the artwork image into that box, and then click OK. This will replace the existing video-clip-frame with the artwork that you supply.

(Note that the traditional method of adding the artwork to the iTunes "artwork window" doesn't work for videos quite the same way, as it adds to the existing artwork, rather than replacing it -- you have to use File->Get Info to actually replace the artwork).

Essin

ultrazero said:
I...So at random, iTunes chooses one to be displayed. And more often than not it isn't a good representation of the show...
FYI, the the poster frame iTunes chose for most of my imported music videos were taken from the 5 seconds mark in each video. 60 music videos previewed in Windows Explorer; all black. Same 60 music videos previwed in iTunes; artist, intros and titles all over! Gotta love Apple...

ultrazero

Website
www.miabifilms.com
Essin said:
FYI, the the poster frame iTunes chose for most of my imported music videos were taken from the 5 seconds mark in each video. 60 music videos previewed in Windows Explorer; all black. Same 60 music videos previwed in iTunes; artist, intros and titles all over! Gotta love Apple...

Right, but I'm talking about the overall poster frame iTunes displays for the show in Album view. I usually don't mind the poster frame iTunes chooses for each track. (If I'm feeling zesty that day I may change it to something else.)

jHollington: I was hoping you wouldn't say that. I do like the individual poster frames of each episode. So to change them all to one picture would stink. hmph.

Website
www.ilounge.com
Actually, if you want to set it to a different frame, this is also possible... Just play the track in question and pause on the frame you would like. Right-click and choose "Set Poster Frame" from the context menu.

ultrazero

Website
www.miabifilms.com
jhollington said:
Actually, if you want to set it to a different frame, this is also possible... Just play the track in question and pause on the frame you would like. Right-click and choose "Set Poster Frame" from the context menu.

Ok, now i'm not sure we're on the same page. I can set the poster frame of a video no problem. But what I'd really like to set is the "album cover" in album view, without having to change the poster frame/artwork for every tv episode of a show.

Attachments

Website
www.ilounge.com
Okay, there's probably not really any easy way to do that, since the artwork is used for both purposes. If you're only interested in seeing it in Coverflow view, you can, however, just change the first episode, but of course you'll lose the poster frame for that particular episode.

The artwork views in iTunes (ie, Coverflow and Group by Album) use the first image that they find, and then group the remaining items by album and artist, so as long as these fields are filled in and consistent across all episodes, you should be fine.