iTunes crashing - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iTunes crashing

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-01-2007, 10:24 PM

Junior Lounger

iTunes crashing

I've noticed a huge problem with iTunes, when I put a CD into it and attempt to rip it it will crash it. The CPU usage suddenly jumps up an astounding amount and iTunes essentially freezes. I can download things from the iTunes store no problem, but ripping a CD becomes a huge problem. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to fix it?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:45 AM

Junior Lounger

Anyone have any ideas? My iPod's essentially an expensive paperweight if I can't figure out some way to get music on it.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:52 PM

tcj
Junior Lounger

What format are you ripping your CDs to? I recently switched back to AAC (from mp3 ripping - to conserve more space because I have a huge library of 150gb of music (2000 CDs or so)) and noticed that Itunes sometimes crashes while ripping. Itunes 7 is very processor intensive (moreso than ever before) and I'm guessing that maybe the AAC-format may just put it over the top for some reason. Try a different format and see if your problem changes.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face Similar

I have had a similar problem in which I put in a CD and press import and it barely gets into it. I have not had problem importing until recently. I have tried many other CDs and it does the same thing. The other components of iTunes works perfectly except that. The orange squiggly importing sign continues to move but it does not import any farther.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:14 AM

Junior Lounger

Hmm, well it's apparently somewhat fixed, I tried a bunch of CDs today and they all ripped just fine, but "Songs" by Regina Spektor and "Moon Pix" by Cat Power still crash iTunes everytime. "The Greatest" by Cat Power however, does not. Odd. I'd also like to point out that those two CDs are the reason I created this thread, as I first noticed the problem with "Songs" and then used "Moon Pix" to check to see if the problem was with more then one CD.

Topic: iTunes crashing

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.