Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Podcasts keep getting deleted

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-16-2006, 07:39 PM

Freshman Lounger

Podcasts keep getting deleted

OK..I have searched everywhere for this issue..I find bits and pieces, but no real answers. Ive got 7.0.2 and an ipod mini. This has been happening pretty much since Itunes 7 came out.

My podcasts keep getting deleted out of my windows directory so that itunes cant FIND them...I get this error: The podcast "----" could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it................

Well it really is nowhere to be found. My podcasts always seem to download into 1 of 2 locations in C: my music/itunes/itunes music/downloads or C: my music/itunes/itunes music/podcasts...

I have verifed that they download into a directory...then i have shut down itunes and 9/10 times the podcast is gone once itunes starts up again..just vanished from windows. The podcast does remain on my ipod through this, and is on my podcast list in itunes...its just gone from windows...this is extremely frustrating. I have tried completely deleting itunes and all registry entries, wiping my ipod, reinstalling itunes and resyncing...it didnt help. I have set the settings on podcasts to "KEEP ALL EPISODES" so nothing should delete...I have right clicked on the podcast and checked "do not auto delete"

I am fed up with this...does anybody know why this is happening and have a fix?

Thanks in advance

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:50 PM

Freshman Lounger

podcasts keep gettting deleted

Well, you're not crazy, if that is any comfort. I have been having the same exact problem and have not yet found a solution, other than deleting and resubscribing to each podcast the second before I need it. Let's hope someone figures something out...
Old 11-22-2006, 09:09 AM

Freshman Lounger

anybody help...Hello?
Old 11-24-2006, 05:29 PM

Freshman Lounger

I thought I was the only one! It seems to be a 7.0 problem but literally, I'll check for the file after it downloads and then shutting down iTunes deletes the file. Not in the recycling bin, but just gone. It's super frustrating. Hopefully there will be an answer soon.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:31 PM

Freshman Lounger

bump...please help
Old 12-18-2006, 08:58 AM

Freshman Lounger

Still happens EVERY time...anybody ??? Sheesh this sucks
Old 01-07-2007, 10:17 PM

Freshman Lounger

Still sucks...why doesnt anyone know the answer to this problem
Old 01-09-2007, 03:11 AM

Junior Lounger

Just so you know, most people probably won't post an answer even if they have it when you keep posting the same question repeatedly. It annoys people, and makes them less likely to help.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:06 PM

Veteran Lounger

Nobody's answering because they don't know the fix. A quick search of Apples Support Discussions shows there is no fix posted there as well.

Send Apple some Feedback. It may speed up a fix if Apple receives enough reports.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 01-22-2007, 03:36 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo50
Just so you know, most people probably won't post an answer even if they have it when you keep posting the same question repeatedly. It annoys people, and makes them less likely to help.

How dumb is that...

Topic: Podcasts keep getting deleted

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.