Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How do I load Mp3's Into my iTunes Library

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-10-2006, 01:38 AM

Junior Lounger

Angry How do I load Mp3's Into my iTunes Library

Okay I have searched and tried the most simple ideas to load my CD;s with MP3's into iTunes. With iTunes open I insert the CD, it won't upload into itunes. I tried to add a file, but when I remove the cd from the drive I get an !placed by the track name. I try creating a folder and placing it into the HD with the music files in there already, I then open iTunes and search for the artist, and it not there. PLEASE HELP ME GET MY mp3's into iTunes so that I can load them into my iPod. Also how do I add an avatar to my profile.

Peace
B

Find out who you are before you regret it
Cause life is so short there's no time to waste it

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:35 AM

Junior Lounger

Put the CD in your drive and when the tracks are showing on your iTunes just click on the IMPORT button on iTunes and that is really it.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:28 AM

Poolside Lounger

Almahadeus basicallt told you what to do, but you can't just drag and drop songs from a CD onto your hard drive without actually importing them onto your hard drive.

"...he was never proud or vain; he could find something to value in anyone, however apparently insignificant or wretched, and I believe that his early losses endowed him with great humanity and sympathy."
|120GB White MacBook|80GB Black iPod Classic|16GB White iPhone 3G|
Old 11-10-2006, 01:33 PM

Junior Lounger

I have tried to do it that way, they will show up in my libarary, but when I remove the CD from the drive I get an exclamation point next to each track, I click on the track to play play it and itunes says that it can't find the track. What am I doing wrong....Also how do I get an avatar for my profile.

Cheers

Old 11-10-2006, 01:37 PM

My guess is you don't have "copy to iTunes music folder" selected in your preferences.

If this is the case, and this is an MP3 CD as it sounds like it is, iTunes makes an alias to the song because you don't have copy to music folder selected, it thinks the songs are on the CD and that is where they stay.

To get around this first move the MP3s from the CD to where you'd like them to live on the hard drive and add them to the library from that location, or you can turn on "copy to iTunes music folder" on in preferences, if you do that, iTunes will do a bit of it's own organizing, though.

Good luck.

5G 80GB iPod / iPhone 4 / MacBook Pro / Last.fm /
Links to common ?'s
FAQS | Artist missing songs | iPod not Recognized Mac or PC | disable auto-sync temp. | Disk mode How to | iPod has Folder/!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:42 PM

If you're adding MP3 files from a CD (as opposed to an audio CD), you basically just use either drag and drop or File->Add Folder to library. However, you also have to ensure that the "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" under Edit->Preferences->Advanced is turned ON, otherwise iTunes will just reference those files from their original locations (which in this case is the CD -- hence they'll be "missing" when you remove the CD from the drive).

In answer to your other question, Avatars are only enabled on this forum for very senior members (1500 posts and one year of membership).

Old 11-11-2006, 12:25 AM

Junior Lounger

Thanks, all I needed to do was click that box and BINGO it works. Thanks for all the help.

Toast

Topic: How do I load Mp3's Into my iTunes Library

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.