Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Strange song title renaming issue in iTunes

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 09-25-2006, 06:21 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question Strange song title renaming issue in iTunes

I'm having an odd error with my Itunes 7. Randomly some of my songs will rename and include the Artist in the Song Title tag. It happens to only a small amount of my library and I have tried checking the id3 tags. I've had this issue in the past, it is not specific to iTunes 7 at all. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Specs: Windows XP SP2
iTunes 7.0.0.70
2 Gigs Ram
30 gig video ipod (5g)

Take a look below:
Attached Thumbnails
Strange song title renaming issue in iTunes-odderror2.jpg  

Last edited by Inforne Complex; 09-26-2006 at 04:49 PM.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:24 PM

Ownage Lounger

Something else writing the ID3 tags? Perhaps an auto file-tagging program?

Or if you're talking about editing the ID3 tags in iTunes, then closing it and opening it again only to find out it's reverted- iTunes has been known to not write the tags 100% of the time. This includes song information and album artwork.

On the other hand, if it's none of the above, then you've got a rather peculiar problem
Old 09-25-2006, 06:30 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj
Something else writing the ID3 tags? Perhaps an auto file-tagging program?

Or if you're talking about editing the ID3 tags in iTunes, then closing it and opening it again only to find out it's reverted- iTunes has been known to not write the tags 100% of the time. This includes song information and album artwork.

On the other hand, if it's none of the above, then you've got a rather peculiar problem
Actually, I am quite an ocd-like person and need everything to be neat. I went through all 3500+ of my songs and checked each one to have the correct spelling, tags, and artwork. I'm pretty crazy about that so I'm sure the id3 tags are correct. I used the program "Tag & Rename" to do most of them. I also forgot to add that when I play the song iTunes it will correct the file and only display its song title as usual. I can actually play each song quickly by clicking them down the line and they will fix and even update on my ipod. After I close iTunes a few times though, the problem will resurface. Hmmm ...
Old 09-26-2006, 04:24 PM

Freshman Lounger