iPod unto Games (HELP ASAP) - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod unto Games (HELP ASAP)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 09-23-2006, 05:48 PM

t3h ul71m473 h4xX0r!!1!

iPod unto Games (HELP ASAP)

I have authorized and De-authorized my computer various times and checked that my iPod is on v.1.2, but my iPod still does not sync games.

A message always pops up when I try to play it on my iPod,
This game cannot be played, Please connect your iPod and reinstall the game, for additional help visit apple.com/support/ipod

of course it doesnt help
Old 09-24-2006, 12:29 AM

t3h ul71m473 h4xX0r!!1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nader172
I have authorized and De-authorized my computer various times and checked that my iPod is on v.1.2, but my iPod still does not sync games.

A message always pops up when I try to play it on my iPod,
This game cannot be played, Please connect your iPod and reinstall the game, for additional help visit apple.com/support/ipod

of course it doesnt help
Please somebody HELP me! I feel like throwing this piece of @%*(^ on the ground! Doesn't somebody know how to fix it?
Old 09-24-2006, 11:03 AM

Freshman Lounger

same exact thing is happening to mine..and nobody seems to know what to do..i promise as soon as i figure this out i will tell ya
Old 09-24-2006, 11:54 AM

Since it sounds like the games are transferring to the iPod, authorization isn't the problem here (if your computer wasn't authorized, they wouldn't be transferring).

Have you tried removing the games and re-syncing them? You should be able to do this by going into iTunes and UNchecking the"Sync Games" option, syncing your iPod, and then REchecking the option and syncing again.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

ok..so i restarted my computer..still didnt work..so then i decided to take the user accont with the password off my computer---u kno that u have to log on to use your computer.............since i really didnt need it....so once i took it off ..i loaded up i tunes..updaded my ipod..and bam it worked..i dont kno if i did something else that worked..but thats wat i did..so dont give up ...........it will work eventually
Old 09-24-2006, 03:56 PM

t3h ul71m473 h4xX0r!!1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb28273
ok..so i restarted my computer..still didnt work..so then i decided to take the user accont with the password off my computer---u kno that u have to log on to use your computer.............since i really didnt need it....so once i took it off ..i loaded up i tunes..updaded my ipod..and bam it worked..i dont kno if i did something else that worked..but thats wat i did..so dont give up ...........it will work eventually
I did that, still nothing. I also contacted Apple but they just assumed it was a bad copy of the game. Of course they're wrong on that one. I have no idea what to do...

FAQs don't help on this one...

I've also tried re-syncing and un-syncing...I don't know whats going on!!!

EDIT: Is the iPod Game tab suppost to appear under your iPod too? Becuase it has never done that...only by my main library.

Last edited by Nader172; 09-24-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:01 AM

Senior Lounger

I relized I'm an idiot and bought it with version 1.1.1 and not 1.2, is there a way to upgrade it to 1.2 or to get a refund?
Old 09-26-2006, 12:05 AM

Senior Lounger

uh you plug it into itune and press update.

MacBook "Ultimate"
iPod nano 2GB Silver
iPod Shuffle 512Mb
R.I.P. iPod 4G 20GB 7/14/06
Old 09-26-2006, 12:49 AM

Senior Lounger

no, I can't I have the older 5g, I have the one that came out with the 60 gig, no the one that came out with the 80 gig, it won't let me click update, it say's it is already upto date.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:39 AM

All 5G units can be upgraded to v1.2. If iTunes is telling you that the iPod is up to date and you don't have v1.2, trying restarting iTunes with your iPod connected.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:45 PM

Freshman Lounger

Gr, I have the same problem.
I have the new 5G with 30 gigs, and both my games won't write on...

Nobody knows what to do?
Old 09-26-2006, 07:20 PM

Senior Lounger

I figured it out, click restore and then click cancel and it worked, I now have the option of updating my ipod, but one question, if I update my ipod will it delete the things I have on it? I ask because as I've said, I delete my videos off my computer to save room, and I can't figure out how to put them on my itunes again, I realy need to know ASAP because I'm going on a trip and would like to be able to play games.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:22 PM

t3h ul71m473 h4xX0r!!1!

You were the closest to the best help I've gotten so far sk8board237. When I sync the game the storage bar located at the bottom of iTunes fills up with the orange color but I still get that error message. Did you remember doing anything else that helped you get your game onto the iPod?

Thanks
Old 09-26-2006, 11:07 PM

Senior Lounger

no, once I updated it and played around with syncing the ipod, it worked

I right clicked the ipod icon and said sync ipod, everything worked fine after that, what does syncing even mean though?

Topic: iPod unto Games (HELP ASAP)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.