Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: how to mark tracks as part of compilation

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-23-2006, 09:45 PM

Junior Lounger

Question how to mark tracks as part of compilation

Hello. I just came across this question and answer below about tracks in the compilations categories.

But I don't know how to mark tracks in itunes as "Part Of a Compilation"? In the library or playlists?

Q: I would like for songs from compilations to NOT show up under the Artists menu. When I’m scrolling through my artists, there’s a lot of unnecessary listings there, since a lot of them only have one song. What’s the best way to accomplish this?

A: To utilize it, make sure that the appropriate tracks are marked as “Part of a Compilation” in iTunes. Then, simply browse to your iPod’s “Settings” menu, and toggle the “Compilations” option to “On.” Now, the songs marked as “Part of a Compilation” will not appear under their respective artists in the “Artists” menu, but will instead appear only in album form underneath the “Music → Compilations” menu. Compilation songs and albums will still appear in the “Songs” and “Albums” menus, respectively; the “Compilations” setting only affects the “Artist” menu.

Kimmi

Last edited by Kimmi; 05-23-2006 at 09:47 PM.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:37 AM

Select all of the songs that you want to mark.
Right Click and choose Get Info.
Near the bottom of the window there is a drop down box under "Part of Compilation"
Change the drop down box from No to Yes
Click OK.

Note to the anal:
This moves the files from the normal directory to the Compilation directory, then Artist.

Topic: how to mark tracks as part of compilation

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.