Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Chinese Album and Song titles?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-07-2006, 03:08 AM

Junior Lounger

Chinese Album and Song titles?

I am planning on getting my Mom and Dad a nano soon.

The thing is, they have a large collection of Chinese CDs, in both Cantonese and Mandarin.

When I put these into iTunes (I am using the newest version, 6.0.3 (I think) on a Windows XP machiene), almost all of the album titles, song titles, and artist names come up as just little squares, though a few come up with english titles, and show up properly with words.

I was wondering if there was any way to get US iTunes to show either simplified or traditional chinese characters for the song/album titles/artist names? Or else it is going to be a major nightmare keeping my parent's digital music libraries in check, and I don't know how to read chinese and my parents and I don't have the time to try to translate all of the song/album titles into english.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:07 AM

Junior Lounger

the titles have to be in unicode, chinese titles entered via big5 or gb won't work.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:54 PM

Freshman Lounger

Hello, I was trying to do this cuz I have some Chinese songs as well, but the option Convert ID3 Tags was grayed and I couldn't select it. Is there some reason as to why I can't select it?
Old 02-16-2006, 10:48 PM

Junior Lounger

I finally got it to work! It looks like I had to download some chinese language packs (I think there are like 3 different ones offered on Microsoft Window's Web site), and I checked off an option box after I downloaded it (I can't remeber which ones because I was futsing around), but I got it to work. Unfortunately, now some of the more common words (like days of the week) in some programs now only show up in Chinese. I guess I'll have to tweek around to see what I did, and how to make it work better.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:26 PM

Freshman Lounger

Yeah, I actually finally got it to work. I tried using Convertz, which someone mentioned in another thread, and it worked. I played around with it a lot cuz I thought it didn't work, but what actually happened was that the Chinese characters weren't showing up on my computer cuz I don't have them or whatever, but they did show up on my iPod later when I disconnected and checked.

Topic: Chinese Album and Song titles?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.