Sync specified folders only?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

hasund

It's the old "more space on pc than on ipod"-story. Which means I have to play God and select the Chosen Lucky Ones worthy of being honoured by ipod inclusion.

Now, my music collection is organised into folders, most of which never change, save fr a few dynamic ones. What I'd like to do (ideally that is) is to do a once-and-for all selection and transfer of the static folders I'd like to have on the ipod, and then set a few folders to auto-sync ("recent", "podcasts").

It seems that none of the sync options (auto, semi-auto and manual) are capable of this (as what I want requires functionality from two of them and they can't be run simultaneously).

One option would be not to include anything else in my library than what I want on the ipod, but this is a flawed solution since there's a reason I keep those files in the first place - I might want to listen to them sometimes. Of course, I could use itunes for transfer only and another application for playing the files (I'd prefer Winamp anyway), but that way I'd lose some powerful itunes benefits like keeping count of number of plays etc.

To the questions: Would it be possible to create smart or dynamic playlists from specified folders? To have a playlist that will sync with a specified folder (tree) and the iPod? Too my understanding this is not possible as of today, but is there perhaps some workaround to achieve a similar result? One that works automatiaclly - the convenience factor is after all my main motivation for chosing an ipod over competing products.

Galley

Website
www.galleytech.com
iTunes doesn't know folders. Just use the selective sync option, and create playlists. If you wanna sync a group of albums, just create a playlist called "Albums" and drop them onto it.