Lost i-tunes library

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

keith lindsay

I recently had a new hard drive ("E") installed in my deskktop computer, due to the main drive being almost out of disc space. At the time of the installation, I asked the installer to transfer my music from to the new drive, "E",which he did. He told me that I could delete the i-tunes library from my "C" drive, to free up disc space, as it was now saved in "E".
This past weekend, I deleted the I-Tunes music folders from my "C" drive, under the underntanding it was now saved on "E". In fact prior to doing so, I downloaded a CD, to make sure it showed up in the my music folder and the i-pod folder in my "E" drive. It did. Also, music I'd purchased form i-tunes was on "E".
After deleting the I-Tunes from the "C" drive, when I clicked on the i-tunes icon, the music library was gone, as were all of my playlists. I have located the music on the "E" drive, but can't seem to move it all back to the i-tunes library.
How do I get it back onto the i-tunes library?
Do I need to download the installation software into the "E" drive? The music library, with playlists are still on my I-pod. Is there a way to recreate the library and playlists by somehow downloading it back to intunes from my i-pod?

Special

Playlist are stored in two files, iTunesLibary.xml and iTunesLibary.itl (or something like that, i cant remeber) . Without these two files theres not much you can do apart from starting all over again.

As long as you have the software installed on your computer, its fine, it doesnt really matter where.