Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Reformatting, How do I save iTunes bought songs?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-22-2005, 08:01 PM

Freshman Lounger

Reformatting, How do I save iTunes bought songs?

I am reformatting my hard drive and I want to backup my itunes songs and put em back on the hard drive once the format is done. Is there anything I need to do so that I will be able to play my bought iTunes songs?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:47 PM

Freshman Lounger

Anyone?
Old 11-23-2005, 03:01 AM

Freshman Lounger

you can always burn the files downloaded in your my music/itunes/ folder onto a CD/DVD and then later put it back on your harddrive
Old 11-23-2005, 12:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by mr superman
you can always burn the files downloaded in your my music/itunes/ folder onto a CD/DVD and then later put it back on your harddrive
Cool. I thought I would have trouble getting them to play on the comp since im formatting it. I guess just save all the info from the iTunes folder and they will be able to play.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:44 PM

Music Is Your Friend.

Just save all the files to a CD, DVD, or other drive.. and before you reformat, deactivate iTunes.

Then, when you reformat, you'll need to reactivate iTunes. Which it will automatically prompt you to do as soon as you play a song file. Just login with your username and password

Much much better than the way WMA DRM works.. I had major trouble getting that to work again after a format.

Josh

14,039 tracks; 38.2 Days, 78.73 GB || 5G 30GB Black [serviced, new refurb 10/06] || 160GB Black iPod Classic

Current Earphones: v-moda vibes
the graveyard: v-moda Remix:M (broken) // v-moda bass freqs (broken) // FJ-IPOD-E3220 (broken) // 2x stock Apple buds (broken) (think I'm rough on earbuds?)
Old 11-23-2005, 04:24 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by TheJosher
Just save all the files to a CD, DVD, or other drive.. and before you reformat, deactivate iTunes.

Then, when you reformat, you'll need to reactivate iTunes. Which it will automatically prompt you to do as soon as you play a song file. Just login with your username and password

Much much better than the way WMA DRM works.. I had major trouble getting that to work again after a format.

Josh
Do I need to deactivate or will they just be able to login to their iTunes account and they can play their music? Reason I ask is because I don't have the pw for their iTunes account and I don't have the ability to access the internet with the computer because of how messed up it is.

Topic: Reformatting, How do I save iTunes bought songs?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.