Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: POST iTUNES MUSIC STORE PROBLEMS HERE

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 01-19-2005, 11:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

Error -50 message

Hey folks, I'm having a similar problem - I upgraded to the latest version of itunes, and just purchased an album. I was able to download 2 songs of it, and then it gives me the -50 error - anyone else have a solution? I don't have mcafee, i don't have a firewall, and i had no trouble downloading with the previous version of itunes... gar, this is frustrating...

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:12 PM

Junior Lounger

Ok, so i cant even log in. it says i have a connection error. i dont know what to do, i am connected to the internet. and the home page of IMS loads up.. i dont know what to do. any suggestions?

keep it simple. keep it cool. keep it apple
Old 01-25-2005, 08:36 PM

Junior Lounger

I discovered a few days after I posted that my Toshiba laptop came with a firewall running - not the one I had added and turned off when I first had this problem and found out that the 'advice' was to turn it off. Turning the 2nd firewall off did allow me - with no other changes - to access both the Music Store and the CDDB database to get album data.

You guys should run msconfig (Start -> Run -> msconfig) and check Startup and Services to make sure you know what's running.

Still no word from anyone at Apple. I find the advice 'deactivate your firewall from a PC if you want to use our products' hard to fathom. I wonder if it will take a significant drop in iTunes sales to get any action on their part. I can type in my CD info - and while I'd like to buy some music from their site, I have plenty (my mini is just about full) to entertain me. If I were an Apple shareholder I'd be speaking up at the next public meeting.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:20 PM

Junior Lounger

Apple is requesting specific information now about the (-50) aborted downloads... You can check it out on their discussion forums in the Support tab of their site.

Seems like a lot of people's issues may be related to some Internet Service Providers, particularly Cox Cable (which I have).
Old 01-28-2005, 12:06 AM

Junior Lounger

I'm getting that -50 error. I just fired off a email to the moderator. We'll see what happens.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:54 AM

Junior Lounger

Still getting it, though at a slightly lesser frequency. I've sent two separate e-mails to the Apple moderator and heard nothing back... Getting annoying.

Last edited by SPThom; 01-30-2005 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:34 AM

Junior Lounger

I've down loaded 2 pay songs and 2 free songs from itues so far. Only 1 came through the first time. The other three require multiple attemts over the course of a couple hours, before I got them.

I've sent several email to apple mods and have never gotten a response.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:56 PM

Freshman Lounger

itunes (-50) error

ive been getting this error when i try to start up itunes, i cant even use itunes anymore, very odd thing happening here, anyone know whats up?!

Topic: POST iTUNES MUSIC STORE PROBLEMS HERE

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.