iTunes 5 Quirks, Bugs, and Problem Reports - Page 12 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iTunes 5 Quirks, Bugs, and Problem Reports

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 10-05-2005, 12:30 AM

Freshman Lounger

make sure you update w/ the same computer every time, so it syncs w/ the data that you have and it adds the new stuff you get.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:47 AM

ipod adviser

itunes 5.1? it is even coming out yet. did you talk about 5.0 or 5.0.1?

16GB 2nd Gen. ipod touch, 8GB iphone 3G, 8GB first gen. ipod touch.

new Apple in-earphone, V-moda Vibe II, Ultimate ears Super fi 4v, iSkin Cerulean X1, Shure SE210

new 15-inch unibody Macbook Pro, Intel core2duo 24-inch iMac, new Apple LED 24-inch monitor, Sony Vaio VGN-NR180E (200GB HDD, core2duo) 15.4-inch wide screen.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:54 AM

Power Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by sherpahigh

I can't even get things back to itunes 4.9. If I ever get this damn thing working again, there's no way in hell I'll update to their new version.

What is stopping you from going back to 4.9? I've done it, as have many others.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:05 AM

Freshman Lounger

Installed iTunes 5 now music skips Help

It almost makes me think its an irq conflict. Anyone out there have any idea of how to fix?
Old 10-06-2005, 02:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by archurban
itunes 5.1? it is even coming out yet. did you talk about 5.0 or 5.0.1?
I do have 4.9 working now but I still can't get it to see the iPod. Updater does not work for me.

No help from Apple.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:19 PM

Junior Lounger

Is there anyone out there that has resolved the Norton issue so that iTunes can load while Norton Internet Security is active? If so, what fixes the problem?
Old 10-07-2005, 01:34 PM

Senior Lounger

I updated to the new version and have not had to sorts of problems you folks have--perhaps a lot of these problems are just due to the idiosyncrasies of individual machines (?). So far, my iPod and my wife's Mini are unaffected by these bugs, as far as I can tell.

However, there is one bug that HAS popped up with the new version: when I insert a CD to import into the library, ITunes does not recognize that a CD has been inserted--I have to go into "MyComputer" and click on the CD drive to launch the import process. A minor annoyance, especially when compared to some of the issues I read about in this thread. Good luck, all.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:59 PM

Junior Lounger

I can't open iTunes 5.0. I double click iTunes, stare at a blank screen for 2 min., and then see iTunes pop up along with the microsoft popup that says iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close down. Happens everytime, don't know what's wrong.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:41 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by Hitokun
I can't open iTunes 5.0. I double click iTunes, stare at a blank screen for 2 min., and then see iTunes pop up along with the microsoft popup that says iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close down. Happens everytime, don't know what's wrong.
Just try an reinstall. We encountered the same problem on one of our PC's the other day. A reinstall fixed it.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:13 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by wstanley
OK after disabling all services and startup items--restarting--uninstalling itunes, quicktime and the ipod software--reinstalling itunes quicktime and ipod software--itunes will start up but won't recognize the ipods (shuffle & mini) although windows will. Following the instructions on Apple's customer support pages doesn't help and the only services and startup items running at this point are itunes-related. Naturally when adding back all the services and startups that worked with 4.9, itunes refuses to even open (it starts executing then just hangs as a frozen process that you can't even quit in task manager). I would understand this if I had some sort of arcane configuration and odd mix of programs running but I don't and doing the clean boot up should've taken all that out of the equation anyway.

Any suggestions what to try next?
This post is spot on. Apple owe me 2 days. Yes it screwed my system so bad I had to do a full system restore and was left with no internet connection. God only knows what this piece of crap does to windows system but if it don't get sorted soon I have a very expensive door stop as I have no iTunes at all currently!

One moody piece of software. Why the hell was it ever released - it isn't even a beta as far as I'm concerned.

Mogsta
Old 10-12-2005, 07:16 AM

Veteran Lounger

OK I took the plunge and downloaded 5.01 itunes and the recent updater for my ipod.

I always open itunes before connecting and let any podcasts update.

I then connect my ipod.

Sometimes the ipod will connect and sometimes itunes freezes and will not recognise the ipod.

What I do is bring up the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete) and into applications.

You will see itunes and most likely "not responding". Click itunes and "switch to" ... and it seems to make itunes take notice and then recognise the ipod.

A bit buggy I know and frustrating at times but it may help someone who is just having freezing issues.

Topic: iTunes 5 Quirks, Bugs, and Problem Reports

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.