Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Transfer Itunes onto another Users Ipod?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-27-2005, 03:16 PM

Junior Lounger

Transfer Itunes onto another Users Ipod?

My friend just got an Ipod. She wants to download all of my songs, plays, audiobooks, etc. exactly how I have it onto her Ipod (playlist, and all) then onto her computer. Now I know it's possible to do the ipod to computer with a program. But is it possible for another users ipod to take all of my information from my itunes without changing my information itunes to her ipod name?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-27-2005, 04:28 PM

Junior Lounger

Yes, this is possible. Just plug-in your friends iPod and it will ask you if you would like erase that iPod's contents and load it with your iTunes library. Say yes to this message, and iTunes will automatically load that iPod with your entire library. However, if your friend wants to take her iPod with your music on it and connect it to her computer, it will erase all of the music that you placed on there for her. If she wants to load it with music from her computer also, she needs to get a program to transfer the songs off the iPod into her iTunes library. There are some tutorials on how to do this in the iLounge articles that are very helpful for this.

My puppy Emma, the cutest miniature schnauzer in NM
Old 07-27-2005, 04:32 PM

Junior Lounger

Thanks Macs!
Now will all of this effect my ipod when I hook it up next? As in will the names be different (will hers be on my itunes and it not recognize my ipod) and work safe?
Old 07-27-2005, 05:16 PM

Junior Lounger

Every iPod has its own finger print (or somthing like it) that iTunes picks up on (that is why you name it) it should work fine even if you share your library.

Topic: Transfer Itunes onto another Users Ipod?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.