iTunes for Windows on Thursday

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

soulrock

Gold Member
Website
www.tonyalicea.com
Woo hoo! That's great news. Now iTunes will do some REAL numbers. Don't know how much I'll actually be downloading but it's nice to have to option. And now I'll finally be able to compare iTunes vs. MC9!

DisposablePal

sweeeeeeeet.....finally my day has come, now i don't feel so bad about selling my ibook 8 months ago. I don't mind paying for my music as long as it's real thing, Kazaa has been making me mad lately with all the mislabeled files and the bogus files are even worse

brian4610

other than buying music, what else will itunes be able to do......what are the pro's and con's for those mac users out there...

will we be able to rip cd's with it? will it recognize the music already on our computer? will it be better to just buy the music we want, and then use ephpod or some other ipod managing software to upload it?

a lot of questions i know, just want to know what to expect....

thanks

EnderWiggin

Not sure exactly what will differ with iTunes for windows, but with the mac version you can rip and burn cds. You can also add the music already on your computer to it. I suppose as a player and manager program it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but what it does it does very well.

The smart playlists can be cool to play with.
Ripping and burning cds is easy.
It works beautifully with syncing with the ipod.

The only con I can really think of is that it can be somewhat simple for people who want a really intense, hands-on, deep-down and dirty program that allows you to do lots with it.

SpideyPod

Long Time Podder
Website
stationa.net
That link just seems to be to good to be true. Bluetooth headphones?!?

Sounds to me with all those features we should be seeing a new firmware update.

And yet even with all those fairly amazing (yet unconfirmed) add-ons no mention of an LCD remote. Too bad.

dcx693

Hmmm....they list wma support as a rumor. I'd like that, but I'm highly doubtful, given that they're trying to promote ITMS, and it only downloads files as AAC. By adding wma support to the iPod, Apple would allow the device to play music downloaded from Napster 2.0 and the MusicMatch store though.

MikeM

Retired
Apple's focus isn't to get everyone using the iTMS- its to sell iPods and ultimately Macs. If they can get people to buy their hardware by making it more compatible, I think its a great move. Otherwise, the iPod will lose ground because of its incompatibility.

dcx693

Good point MikeM, especially if what they say about ITMS being a "loss leader" is correct. I'm all for wma support. While we're at it: let's add mp3pro and Ogg.

Weasel

A mod should create an iTunes for Windows forum because there are going to be a ton of posts about it once it's released.

Impulse29

I wonder if its going to be like MSN messenger for mac compared to PC... Way less features... I think that Apple will only provide the minimum amount of features, while still making it the best audio program, that is made for the iPod

c.c.r.

Wrap your mind around this...

I haven't seen anything published from Apple that says "iTunes for Windows will work with your Windows iPod."

Have you?

I know it seems like a no-brainer, but... well... making On-The-Go Playlists for 1.3 seemed like a no-brainer, too.

They're releasing iTfW so that they can get Windows customers to use their Music Store. They just keep talking on and on and on about the iTMS being on Windows soon. Their iTunes Music Store is doing so good and it's going to be on Windows soon. iTMS, iTMS, iTMS.

Not a peep about "We are going to replace MusicMatch Jukebox with iTunes for Windows as our supported iPod interface software." None. Least, none that I've read.

Someone give me a link to something official that says they're dumping MMJB for iTfW. Please. I dare you.

SpideyPod

Long Time Podder
Website
stationa.net
Re: Wrap your mind around this...

c.c.r. said:

Not a peep about "We are going to replace MusicMatch Jukebox with iTunes for Windows as our supported iPod interface software." None. Least, none that I've read.

Someone give me a link to something official that says they're dumping MMJB for iTfW. Please. I dare you.

Hey c.c.r. don't burst our bubble!! I have strep throat right now and the only thing that has brought a smile to my face in the last few days is the promise of the ITunes store. Can't you just leave me that?!??!

;) Just kidding of course but here?s to hoping we get a fully functional ITunes!

Apple won?t make many fans among Windows based IPod users if they don't.

bracken

Banned
Impulse29 said:
I wonder if its going to be like MSN messenger for mac compared to PC... Way less features... I think that Apple will only provide the minimum amount of features, while still making it the best audio program, that is made for the iPod
You wonder if it will be like a Microsoft product for the Mac?

This is made by Apple for Windows so it seems reasonable to view the other software that Apple has released for Windows... Such as AppleWorks or QuickTime Pro which are exactly the same.

Last edited:

bracken

Banned
Re: Wrap your mind around this...

c.c.r. said:
I haven't seen anything published from Apple that says "iTunes for Windows will work with your Windows iPod."

Have you?

I know it seems like a no-brainer, but... well... making On-The-Go Playlists for 1.3 seemed like a no-brainer, too.

They're releasing iTfW so that they can get Windows customers to use their Music Store. They just keep talking on and on and on about the iTMS being on Windows soon. Their iTunes Music Store is doing so good and it's going to be on Windows soon. iTMS, iTMS, iTMS.

You're obviously new to this Apple-and-its-rumors thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.