Switching from PC world to the Mac World!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mwhatley

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Hi everyone!
Ok, so I've left the dreaded world of windows and have switched to a brand new G5 mac with OS10 tiger. I bought my iPod when I had my PC and have been using iTunes on it since I bought my iPod.

Problem: how do I switch over my entire library from my PC to my new Mac without deleting the songs off my iPod? Also, how do I format my iPod from PC to Mac?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

ddaro

Website
www.clipsboom.com
I am not the best person to help but I wanted to say you will be so very happy. I recently made the switch myself. I was into overclocking my pcs, built my own machines etc. grew to hate windows and just love this mac.

I know there are tools are there, hang out for help from others that have more experience than I do, I'm sure they will have better solutions. I just burned my music off my pc onto dvds and copied them to my mac. I did copy them into my iTunes folder so they wouldn't get duplicated.

As for formatting it for a mac, I left mine formatted for windows so I can also use it at work, not sure how to reformat it never needed to.

descaro

hey there. it´s good to see i´m not alone with this problem. i just made the switch myself and i also don´t know how to transfer my music. since i don´t have a dvd-burner on my old pc. to copy 4000 songs on cd for transfer sounds a bit to complicated. have you found a solution yet?

toothpaste

1. update your ipod: this will wipe it clean
2. copy your music as data to the ipod: look for the removalable drive in windows explorer
3. in tiger open finder: click on your ipod and you will see you music there
4. move it to you mac
5. import music to your library
6. sync ipod with music