can't remove albums from ipod - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: can't remove albums from ipod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-04-2016, 12:34 AM

Junior Lounger

can't remove albums from ipod

Hello,

There are a few albums on my ipod that I would like to remove. The problem is I don't know how to do that.

I don't know the version of the ipod. iTunes says that the software version is 6.1.6. iTunes itself is version 10.

Anyway, I can see my albums on my ipod but there is no delete button. I can't see my albums in iTunes (under my ipod > music > albums). The albums are not playlists so they don't show up in the list of playlists.

This can't be that hard. There must be a way to delete albums from my ipod, or if in iTunes, there must be a way of finding the albums on my ipod and erasing them.

Please help. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:34 PM

This sounds like you are using Automatic Syncing to put music onto your iPod.

If you plug your iPod into your iTunes computer, you should see the icon appear on the top bar just under the menu. Click on it.

In the left column it should show a picture of your iPod and several sections.
Click on the Music section, the right pane will change and show Sync Music with a check mark next to it.
Under there is a selection that is Entire Music Library or Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres.

If you are using Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres, then scroll down to the Album section and uncheck that album if it is selected. Skip to BOTTOM tag below.

If you are using Entire Music Library, then you'll have to change that to Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres.

Then under each of the areas (playlists, artists, albums and genres) put check marks on what you want to sync.

BOTTOM: At the bottom there is a Manually Added Songs which could be tracks that you dragged from your library to the iPod. If that album appears there (as individual tracks) select the tracks and click the Remove button to get them off your iPod.

When you are done with your selections, click the Apply button to have the new music added and the old music removed.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: can't remove albums from ipod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.