Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Why is my Ipod such a piece of %$&$?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-06-2013, 06:19 AM

mcmuthaphukkin80

Thumbs down Why is my Ipod such a piece of %$&$?

I have an iPod Touch. I bought it new at Best Buy for $400 dollars.
I have the latest version of iTunes, latest firmware update.

Every time I try to import new music, it either takes AGES to go into the iPod OR it doesn't go in at all. Other times, it does make it into the iPod and when I eject the iPod and try to listen to it, the album is missing.

This is the nicest iPod Touch I have owned (third iPod I bought) but it is a piece of crap. The Internet and camera works great but the one purpose I bought it for is absolutely worthless.

Does anyone have any tips on what I can do to get my music to actually transfer into my iPod?

Thanks,

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:59 AM

This sounds like a cable or PC problem.

Make sure you are using an Apple cable, and that it is connected directly to a USB port on the computer with NO hubs, keyboards or monitors in between. Make sure that it is connected to a USB 2.0 port, as USB 1.1 is really slow.

Is your Operating System up to date with patches? Is it virus free?

Are you trying to sync calendar and email with Outlook that does not have Unicode PST files? iTunes: Syncing iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with MS Outlook requires Unicode .PST file

Do you have Convert Higher Bit Rate Songs to 128 kbps set on the iPod Touch General Settings? Turn it off.

Have you tried resetting the iPod Touch then syncing?

Have you tried uninstalling ALL Apple software and reinstalling iTunes?

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 12-06-2013, 09:09 AM

mcmuthaphukkin80

Thank you for the feedback. I will start working on it now.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:35 AM

mcmuthaphukkin80

Now half the music on my iPod won't play. When I try to play it through iTunes an exclamation point comes up. I hate Apple. I wish I still had my receipt because I would get my money back. Unfortunately, it is too late.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:32 PM

Music with the Exclamation point means the files were moved, renamed or deleted using Windows Explorer or another program. Typically a person would use the iTunes Get Info window to move or rename files.

These files will not play on the iPod because the music file has not been transferred to the iPod.

If you know where the files moved to, you can use the Get Info window which will prompt you to Locate the files, so you can tell iTunes where they are now. If there was a big move, this may help iTunes find a lot of the files (assuming that lots of the files were moved to a common location), or this could be a file by file process.

There is a method to find all the files that are no longer properly located. http://forums.ilounge.com/itunes-mac...tion-mark.html

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 12-27-2013, 06:01 AM

Freshman Lounger

Got similar prob with daughters new 5th gen touch will NOT sync with Itunes at all tried all the shutting down reinstalling
Old 12-27-2013, 10:13 PM

There is a page at Apple to help: iPod not recognized in My Computer and in iTunes for Windows

You should look at item 9 for sure. Probably 10 and 6 as well.

Topic: Why is my Ipod such a piece of %$&$?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.