Replace broken screen

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

maceemiller

Banned
Website
www.freeitunesgiftcard.webs.com
Yesterday I dropped my ipod touch (doh!!) and thge screen has cracked. It still works ok but has a sharp edge to it so I am looking at replacing the screen. Is this something I can easily do or would it be better to take it to an Apple store? There are guides on the internet and they make it look "so easy" yet I dont want to make matters worse. Thankyou.

Urban Cool

Best to take it an Apple Store as they will most likely swap it for a new one, for the repair cost!

RecycledDevice

Website
stores.ebay.com
What generation is it? While any of them can be difficult your first time, I have found the 2nd and 3rd generation iPod touches are the "easiest" to replace the digitizer on. I suggest going to google and YouTube and searching for videos and tutorials on how to replace the digitizer on an iPod touch.

To purchase new parts I would suggest eBay or Amazon.

Hope this helps

peel520

Yeah submit it on app store and get new one instead of repairing it.

Alex Thom

Replacing an iPhone screen yourself can save you some money, but the savings might be as little as $50 or so. And the finicky and lengthy process isn't for everyone.

You can avoid repair dilemmas entirely by buying Apple's extended warranty, called AppleCare+, which includes replacing screens damaged by accidents. But given its cost ($99 for the plan, plus $49 each time the screen cracks and the phone is replaced), we don't think AppleCare + offers great value for many people. It is, however, a better buy for the iPhone 5 than for older iPhones, since professional replacement of an iPhone 5 screen can easily cost $250—several times more than you'll pay to get a pro to replace your iPhone 4 or 4S screen.