Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Ipod Touch 4th gen - both cameras not working after screen repair

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-23-2013, 05:24 PM

Freshman Lounger

Ipod Touch 4th gen - both cameras not working after screen repair

Hi all, really hope someone can help. I have replaced the LCD and digitizer on my friends iPod but now both cameras don't work. I have checked all the connections and they seem fine but when I open the camer app i just get the closed shutter. If i hold my finger over rear lens and then open the app then i get a black picture with 'options' and the button to switch to front facing camera but that i can 'click the switch button but still a black picture.

I'm not sure if Ive just been really unlucky and broke both cameras during the repair or if there is a cable linking both of them or what but I would really appreciate any help on this please?

Thanks in advance,
John

p.s I have tried different camera apps and same result and haven't wiped the iPod yet as I would rather not plus I don't believe its a software glitch seeing as it happened right after screen replacement.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 AM

Freshman Lounger

I see this has got people a bit stumped! :-)

How likely is it that this is a software issue and its just a coincidence that its happened at the same time as the screen opening? (just thinking because I would find myself very unlucky to have both cameras break at same time).

It has recently been updated to iOS 6 but my friend assures me that the camera was working after this update.

Would it also be feasible that one camera becoming faulty would render the other camera unusable also? Is there anyway to test this (I have tried facetime but other person couldn't see me).

Thanks
John

Topic: Ipod Touch 4th gen - both cameras not working after screen repair

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.