Ipod Touch 4th gen - both cameras not working after screen repair

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

johnc83

Hi all, really hope someone can help. I have replaced the LCD and digitizer on my friends iPod but now both cameras don't work. I have checked all the connections and they seem fine but when I open the camer app i just get the closed shutter. If i hold my finger over rear lens and then open the app then i get a black picture with 'options' and the button to switch to front facing camera but that i can 'click the switch button but still a black picture.

I'm not sure if Ive just been really unlucky and broke both cameras during the repair or if there is a cable linking both of them or what but I would really appreciate any help on this please?

Thanks in advance,
John

p.s I have tried different camera apps and same result and haven't wiped the iPod yet as I would rather not plus I don't believe its a software glitch seeing as it happened right after screen replacement.

johnc83

I see this has got people a bit stumped! :)

How likely is it that this is a software issue and its just a coincidence that its happened at the same time as the screen opening? (just thinking because I would find myself very unlucky to have both cameras break at same time).

It has recently been updated to iOS 6 but my friend assures me that the camera was working after this update.

Would it also be feasible that one camera becoming faulty would render the other camera unusable also? Is there anyway to test this (I have tried facetime but other person couldn't see me).

Thanks
John