Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Certain Songs On My iTouch Are Gray and Don't Play?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-01-2013, 10:08 PM

Freshman Lounger

Certain Songs On My iTouch Are Gray and Don't Play?

Right, so I had a bunch of songs on my iTunes account. I had them all on my iPod and then I deleted several off my iPod - but they were still on my account. I recently tried to add them all back on by syncing my iPod with my account on my computer. The songs showed up but they're that annoying gray color and won't play. What's going on? How do I fix this? It's really annoying...

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:52 PM

Senior Lounger

iTunes still thinks those songs are on your iPod. It's annoying but here's what to do. First switch over to manually manage music on the Summary tab (iPod plugged in the tabs are across the top it's the first one). You will need to temporarily switch to manual.

On the left where it says Devices, to the left of "your iPod" click the little triangle so it faces down and the playlists are showing. Click on the top one Music it lists all the songs on your iPod. ( you seem to have already got this far)

Now select the songs you wish to recopy. Either use a combination of Shift-Click or Cntrl-Click ( I think it's Opt click on a Mac) OR click on Select All on the edit menu to remove all the songs from your iPod to get a clean sync. Then click Edit Delete.

Switch back to Auto-sync as manual is NOT the reccomended way to sync music you will run into problems and also the album art doesn't sync in manual.

iPod Touch 4th Generation 32 GB White / Windows
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 AM

Senior Lounger

I would simply restart the iPod:

Apple - Support - iPhone - iPhone Troubleshooting Assistant

Then, the grey songs should be gone from your iPod database file. Next, sync your iTunes library with your iPod to restore back the deleted items.

Topic: Certain Songs On My iTouch Are Gray and Don't Play?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.