Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: problem organizing songs in the playlist

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 AM

Freshman Lounger

problem organizing songs in the playlist

Hello guys. i just got a new 4th gen ipod touch after my classic said ENOUGH!! Now i am trying to organize my music again and i am having a serior troble that is driving my crazy. I CAN NOT organize the music in the playlist that way i want. i am sure that it is sort by the number assigned to the songs and i am also sure that the shuffle button is not clicked. i dont know if this new ipod touch has something inside the settings that i have to change that is not allowing me to organize the songs... one the ipod is connected to the itunes y go the playlists and i can arrange the soing the way i want, but when i eject the ipod and go the playlists to see if the they are in the order i want them to be, THEY ARE NOT.. Please any help would be greatly apreciated, this i driving me crazy
ps: sorry for the english mistaked. english is not my first lenguage. i rea<lly hope i made myself clear and you all understood what i am talking abot.. thanks again

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:49 PM

Your English is fine, no worries.

After you re-arrange your playlist how you want it, remember to right-click on the playlist name and select "Copy to play order" to save the change. Otherwise the sorting will revert to how it was before your changes.

Also, are you re-arranging the playlist sort order on the iPod (while it is connected to iTunes of course) or are you re-arranging the playlist in your library, then dragging the playlist to your iPod? It shouldn't matter, but I find it best to always do your changes within your library and then move the changes over to the iPod.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:18 AM

Senior Lounger

If you just want to change the place of a few songs in a playlist, you can quickly do that within your iPod Touch by tapping on the "Edit" option and then dragging separate tracks around.

This is possible in iOS 6 but I do not remember if it was also available in earlier versions.

If you would want to generally rearrange tracks in your playlists, do as rockmyplimsoul instructs above, via your iTunes library on your PC (with your iPod connected).

Last edited by tronZ; 12-13-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Topic: problem organizing songs in the playlist

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.